Residency Requirement: National
The foundation of the Freelance Co-op is creative freelancers pooling resources for success. If you’re a freelancer who is in a position to help others, please consider donating to the fund and being added to our partner listing above.
If you’re a creative freelancer who has been adversely affected by the COVID-19 virus and resulting public response, you can apply below for temporary assistance through the fund. Examples of funding usage are:
- Your child’s school has been closed and you have unexpected childcare expenses.
- Your client has cancelled an event or contract and you are unable to pay basic living expenses.
- Someone in your family has contracted the virus and you have unexpected medical expenses.
This fund is for freelancers specifically affected by the COVID-19 virus or resulting public response.
As of March 15, 2020 5:00pm Eastern. Policies will be reviewed and updated regularly.
- It’s like that scene in It’s a Wonderful Life. We’ll be able to help a lot more people if you only ask for what you need to get you through the short-term. This is a not a substitute for finding client work or a fund to be used to start your business.
- We’re in this together. So as part of the application, you will agree that if you receive funding you will “pay it forward.” This means that when you are back on your feet, whether it’s 5 days or 5 months, you will either 1) contribute back to the fund or 2) contribute the same amount to a charity that supports creative freelancers. The Freelance Co-op and our funding partners reserve the right to revoke funding if this obligation is not met.
- The Freelance Co-op reserves the right to revoke funding and demand distributed funds be returned if misuse or fraud are discovered.
- The Freelance Co-op distribution team will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis as long as the fund is solvent. Prioritization of applications and distributions via Paypal will happen Tuesdays and Fridays at noon Eastern time. Note: just because you are not selected one round does not mean that your application is denied. We will distribute funds based on priority of applications and reevaluate all open applications each funding cycle. You will be contacted if your application is denied outright.