Residency Requirement: North Carolina
This fund has been created to support creative individuals who have been financially impacted by gig cancellations due to the outbreak of COVID-19. 100% of donated funds will go directly to artists and arts presenters in North Carolina. Musicians, visual artists, actors, DJ’s, dancers, teaching artists, filmmakers, comedians, and other creative individuals and arts presenters are experiencing widespread cancellations due to this global pandemic. Many North Carolina artists rely on markets, performances, classes, and exhibitions in order to pay the bills directly aligned with their costs of living.
As COVID-19 outbreak continues its path across our state and the globe, a lot of people will be staying close to home in order to try to flatten the curve and help prevent the spread of this virus. Social distancing is one of the most effective methods we can use to stop the virus from spreading and protect the most vulnerable members of our community. These actions are necessary to preserve public health, but they are financially troubling for members of our cultural community. We have created this fund to help artists plug financial holes during this time of chaos.
We encourage any artist, arts presenter, or arts venue in need of support due to cancellations from the outbreak of COVID-19 to fill out this application. This fund is a money-in, money-out fund. The collaborating organizations will disperse funds as they are donated. A few important notes:
1. Our goal is to make disbursements once per week depending on funds received. Applications will be reviewed by a panel of staff from all collaborating organizations.
2. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. We will notify anyone who submits an incomplete application via email.
3. The fund will not award money based on “merit” i.e. our opinions of an applicants’ work but prioritized by need and be granted based on the availability of funds. Priority will be given to artists in the Triangle region and the most vulnerable artists among us: artists of color, queer artists, and artists with disabilities. (note: we will try to help as many artists with need in North Carolina as we can).
4. We want to help as many people as possible, this means that we will likely be unable to provide the full amount of larger requests. The amount of funds we are able to provide is based on the amount of donations we receive.
5. We will keep this fund open as long as artists have financial needs related to the outbreak of COVID-19 and donations are being made.
Application found on website.
Have a resource?
Never miss a thing! Sign up for our newsletter to stay updated.
This site was created to give more visibility for funds and initiatives that support crew members and musicians impacted by COVID-19. It is managed by Effect Partners. Want to get in contact? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.